Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Retort: How the media has ruined Halloween.

The commentary was good. This past Halloween I saw children in groups of two or three collecting candy and creating mischief. Many children participate in Halloween, but the child’s parents are paranoid about strangers giving candy to their children. Many parents do not like to see their child harmed, but they need to let their child have fun. However, I never heard of single case where a child was abducted by a sex offender during Halloween. I believe it is the parent(s) that ruined Halloween by convincing children that all people they do not know are dangers.

I agree with you about the media’s portrayal of sex offenders at Halloween. The media reports about stories that capture attention of adults. Most of the media’s stories are about sex, corruption, abuse, and disasters. However, I never saw a child in my life watch an episode of a news broadcast. So, parents believe what they hear on television and it corrupts them. If you want to watch depressing shows turn you televisions on the news.

http://cherdeman.blogspot.com/2007/10/how-media-has-ruined-halloween.html

No comments: